College life can draw you with numerous lectures and new classes, but sometimes you may find yourself sitting alone in your room. Do not let melancholy enter your life. Shake it up! College is an oasis to find many friends. The student’s number is constantly changing: some are coming back from abroad, new students enter the college every year, new persons come to the classes and clubs, so making friends and meeting people is an essential part of a student’s life.
If you still have no idea how to meet new friends, try any idea you like from the following list:
- Start talking to one or more people a day. It can be any time of the day, just talking raises your chances to make friends.
- Introduce yourself when you sit near an interesting person. You may feel strange for the first moments, but facing your fate may prove successful.
- Write your assignments and homework at the campus coffee shop. Making friends while doing your homework in your dorm room will be really challenging. Sitting in a cafe will give you lots of chances to make contacts with people around.
- Write your assignments on campus territory. You may choose any location comfortable for studying: a residence hall, library, classrooms, lecture halls or laboratories. In addition, you may choose the fresh air of the campus yard.
- Join a student’s club. It does not matter if you are really interested in the club’s background. Just make friends with the club members.
- Go into intramural sports. You do not need to be skilled in certain kinds of sports. Play for fun and build relationships with teammates.
- Join the college sport team. If you are a professional in one of the college sports, start training for a competitive sport teams.
- Start working on campus. A job on campus will give you professional experience, networking contacts, and some money. Moreover, you will meet a lot of people; just pick the job that requires all day-long communication with people.
- Start working away from campus. A daily routine and the same faces may start annoying you. To change the scenery, look for a job away from campus. You will expand your circle of acquaintances while contacting with new people.
- Become a volunteer. Sometimes you may feel stuck with your studies at college and feel disappointed. The best way to refocus on your studies is to become a volunteer. You will be able to see your life from another side, take a rest from college and maybe find a new friend!