How much time do you usually spend on writing a good hook for an essay? Have you mentioned that the time you spend on inventing a perfect combination of words for the attention grabber may take the third part of all the time of writing the whole paper? Lets ease your work time – take a pen and note down the following advice.
- Start with writing the whole essay without a hook. It may look ridiculous, but it it one of the easiest way to write a hook! You will have an opportunity to look on the whole text and eliminate the most important facts to show in your introduction. Now you can start to imagine the variants of hooks that you will use at the beginning of this essay! We advice you to write all variants and choose the best one.
- Write the quotation that relates directly or indirectly to the paper theme. Choose a quotation that will support your subsequent ideas in the text and make a bright beginning. “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” by Edmund Burke is a great citation to begin a historical essay or an essay on sociology.
- Think up a question that will make readers get interested in your answer. It will be a
great beginning of persuasive essay. “The question is, are we happy to suppose that our grandchildren may never be able to see an elephant except in a picture book?” by David Attenborough. This question will be a good support for the essay about animal protection or the essay against the ZOO or hunting.
- A philosophical hook usually fit a descriptive essay. It gives the expository and calm tone for the following writing. “Beauty is mysterious as well as terrible. God and devil are fighting there, and the battlefield is the heart of man.” by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
- Write down an extraordinary attention grabber. “When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow.” – Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Write the most interesting and attractive facts from the main text. “Charles Darwin was very curious person in all spheres connected with animals, including how different animals taste like.”
- Start with the joke or a funny facts. Be wise in your choose, as your theme should suit this joke and the reader will accept it appropriately. “When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That’s relativity.” by Albert Einstein.
- Personal story will impress your reader. If you need a strong connection of person and your text, just write down your impressions about your topic. Amaze and enthrall the person to the story.
- Now you need to choose the best suitable! Well done!
You may feel difficulties with writing the attention grabber for your essay, and if it will be impossible, just use the WriteMyPapersOnline.com. The team of qualified writers will think up a perfect essay with a bright attention grabber for you!